Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What I'm thankful for!

Well since it has been a while since I posted on my blog, I thought I would do a thankful post since tomorrow is Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for my fantastic, loving husband. He puts up with my craziness, moodiness and he loves me faults and all and trust me there are quite a few faults. I love how hard working he is. How he let us sacrifice so much extra stuff so that I could stay home for 9 years. I love what a wonderful father he is!

Oh and I'm thankful he gave me two beautiful healthy kids too because I'm most certainly thankful for those two munchkins too! I love how at 9 years old, my boy still calls me mama. I may not get hugs and kisses from him anymore but I'm hanging on to that mama as long as I can keep it!




And my princess. Oh how I adore how she loves me.




Hugs, kisses, more hugs and lots of love to give me everyday. I love how she hangs on to me before I go to work in the evenings and says I don't want you to go mama!
And although it breaks my heart, it makes coming home so sweet because I know they miss me more than I thought they would when I went back to work. I only work 2 minutes (walking) from my house so my husband nicely brings them to see me before bed!

Let's not forget family and friends. I truly have the best of each! I had to work hard to get friends once we got married. I never had that problem before. But we got married before most of our friends and then had a baby right away who needed special attention since he was born 10 weeks early. They didn't know how to relate to us anymore and they stayed away. So I lost them and 2 years ago I made the most wonderful friends. Friends I can go away with my kids and friends I can go away with by myself! They are always there, just like my family.

This year I'm thankful that my most adorable nephew is ALIVE! My nephew is a shaken baby survivor. And although he is struggling to catch up to where he should be, he is healthy and alive! A far cry from where we thought he would be. We honestly thought he would not be with us right now.

And I'm going to have a selfish moment cause after all I am just a normal human being! I'm so thankful that we were able to buy a house a few months ago. Happy doesn't begin to cover how I feel! Not bragging. Just moving has improved my mood by leaps and bounds. Previously, we only lived two houses down from my nephews attacker. Someone we thought we were friends with. Someone we thought loved my husband's sister and her baby. We just couldn't handle living there anymore and although we didn't think we could move, God provided away!

Which leads me to the most important thing I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for God who made it so I could have all these blessings. Without him, I can't imagine how worse things could be. I mean we could be without my nephew and even our son who was born 10 weeks early.

I'm thankful for every day I'm given to feel the love from my husband, family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment