Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Food Menu for 2/28-3/6

This week I'm going to try to use stuff we already have in stock. I'm going to try to pick up only a few things for lunches and a few things so groceries aren't so expensive the next week.

Sunday: we will probably eat out while my daughter is at a birthday party at chucke e cheese

Monday: Stuffed cabbage rolls

Tuesday: homemade veggie soup and homemade bread (yum)

Wednesday: Leftovers

Thursday: NY strip steak. Was bought for V-day but I wasn't home to make it.

Friday: I work this night so the kids and hubby eat out (they do every Friday) or maybe the rest of the veggie soup....whatever strikes their fancy at the time I guess.

Saturday: Once again I work, so the kids and hubby will have something easy like pizza, fish sticks, tomato soup....whatever the husband thinks is easy...heck it could mean eating out...LOL!!

No we don't eat out this often in a normal week. But with my daughter having a party to go to from 2-4 and then taking 45 minutes to get home, it is just easier. Normally Sunday is our big dinner day at home.

Tomorrow I'll do my grocery list so I will have to see what I need. I'm hoping that if I can stick to my weekly menu that it will help keep down the grocery bill. But I have to still do the weekly lunch menu for the kids. I don't know if they are packing or buying yet and they haven't sent March's menu home yet so I can't plan too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment