Thursday, April 22, 2010

Working full time

Monday I started my new job. My last job was only 20-25 hours at the most a week. My new job is 40 hours so I've finally gone full time. I gotta say working 3 days at 9 to 5 and 2 days 1 to 9 is harder than I thought it would be.

When I work 9 to 5, I get up and get the kids ready for school and onto the bus. Then I get back home and get ready for work. Pick them up from my parents at 5:30. Run home and make dinner, play with the kids for a few minutes. Get them a bath and put them to bed. And by 8:30/9, I'm so whopped that I still haven't gotten my house cleaned.

Working 1 to 9 gives me a chance to get a few things done during the day but I miss putting my kids to bed. I know my husband is quite capable of putting them to bed but I miss doing that. But when I worked part time I worked til 10 or 11 so things aren't any different.

But the extra money will be so nice and a relief when I'm doing the bills to know there is quite a bit of extra money now!

I have to sit down and come up with a schedule of things I can get done the days I work 1 to 9 and the days I work 9 to 5. The mess is driving me nuts but until I get used to juggling everything the house is the least of my concerns.

So how do you other working moms cope? Do you keep a tight schedule or just go with the flow?

1 comment:

  1. My name is Candice and I write the Caring Bridge site for baby Nahayla. I googled the site name in order to come up with a list of those who have been supportive of this sweet baby girl in the past and came up with your name. Nahayla's family has again received devastating news and she could use your prayers and support again now, more than ever.

    Would you consider visiting her site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/prayfornahayla and supporting her mother, Corina, with an encouraging word? Could you find it in your heart to share her story on your blog, facebook, etc. or with you "real life" friends and family? Please keep an eye out for her new site www.prayfornahayla.com which should be up soon.

    I am attempting to organize a new round of support and hopefully some type of benefit here locally to help with this new journey. I am paying for all fundraising / support efforts out of my own pocket and I have absolutely nothing to gain in this process other than trying to not feel completely helpless as my dear friend's baby girl fights for her life.

    We desperately need your love, support but most of all prayer.

    Thank you,

    Candice in Tennessee

    ReplyDelete