Monday, January 10, 2011

Couch to 5K!

Ok so today I am going to start Couch to 5 K. It is a 9 week program. I will do some before and after pics and let you know how I did. Here is the thing, I am 75 pounds overweight. I will be happy with 60 pounds. The extra 15 is a bonus because it has me at the bottom of the weight chart that the docs use. Which I tend not to go by that chart.

I'm certain that I am going to look like this.


But I really want to be able to do a 5K for diabetes and the American Heart Assoc. I want to be able to RUN a 5k not walk. Not that there is anything against walking a 5k. Because I would walk it right now. But my GOAL is to RUN. I want to improve my lung capacity. I don't want to hack and cough and sound like the out of shape person I am when running.

In all honesty to my out of shape body and mind, this plan sounds daunting and hard. Am I up for the task, HECK NO! But I have to be. I see my stomach and it still looks pregnant and my baby is going to be 8 on FRIDAY!

So wish me luck. I'm sure I will fail quite a few times and my 9 week program will turn into who knows how many weeks. But I seriously am going to do a 5K this summer. Not because I enjoy running. Because I most certainly do not. I hate everything about it. But I hate my fat stomach and my chubby cheeks more. Now don't think I don't love me. I LOVE my mind, my attitude, but I don't like my outer shell right now. And fortunately that can be changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment